People tend to choose chemical dyes over the natural one in-spite of the fact that these chemical dyes are harmful and contains PPD, Ammonia etc. Continuous use of this chemical dyes will lead to hair fall and reduction in thickness of the hair. The best way to solve this issue is to go for natural products. Indigo and Henna are such products available to color the hair black, brown etc in a natural way. Natural Indigo and Henna leaves powder has lots of medicinal values for your hair (i.e, Hair Dye, Nourishment, Conditioning etc.)
There are 3 methods to color your hair black.
* The first method is applying Indigo by mixing it with warm water and let it sit in your hair for 2 hrs and rinse it. (For some individual with copper/red hair color, it works.)
* The second method is to mix Henna and Indigo at 40:60 proportion and mix it with warm water and apply it on your hair. Let it sit for 2hrs and rinse it. (For some individual, it works.)
* The Third method is little tedious but worth your time and effective of all. This method is detailed below,
Mix and apply henna:
· Apply henna to clean, dry hair.
· Section your hair, and apply the henna paste to your scalp, and gradually work it into all of your hair. Wear plastic gloves, because henna will stain your hands orange. Carefully wipe henna away from forehead and ears, because it will stain skin orange.
· Wrap your hair in plastic and wrap a towel around that to reduce mess and increase warmth.
· Leave the paste in your hair for at least an hour, and up to 3 hours. The longer you leave the henna in, the more dye will penetrate your hair. If you put a dryer bonnet on over your wrapped hennaed hair and heat it, you’ll get more stain faster.
· Rinse the paste out.
Mix and apply Indigo for jet-black hair:
· Apply indigo to clean hair. If you want jet-black hair, henna your hair first, then indigo your hair as soon as you have rinsed the henna out of your hair.
· Mix indigo with warm water and let it sit for 1 minute. Add enough water to make a paste about the consistency of stirred up yogurt. Many people find a spoonful of salt helps the indigo stain darker.
· Section your hair, and apply the indigo paste to your scalp, and gradually work it into all of your hair. Wear plastic gloves, because indigo will stain your hands blue. Carefully wipe indigo away from forehead and ears, because it will stain skin blue.
· Wrap your hair in plastic, and wrap a towel around that to reduce mess, and increase warmth.
· Leave the paste in your hair for 1 hour atleast. If you put a dryer bonnet on over your wrapped hair, and heat it, you’ll get more stain faster.
· Rinse the paste out.
· The indigo stain will darken over the next 2 days. If there is a slight green color, that will go away in 1 day.
Note: (Apply for more than 2hrs for 100% result)
· It is a natural hair dye which is extracted from a tree leaves. As it is natural, hence it is free from chemicals..
· Chemicals used in synthetic hair dyes are hazardous for the health of hair. We make the powder from the Leaves of Indigo Plant, a sub-tropical shrub that stands 1 to 2 meters tall..
· Indigo possesses a Natural Blue Dye in its leaves that when used with Henna will dye your Hair in a range of colors from Reddish Brown, Light Brown, Brown, Dark Brown and Black.
· Indigo oxidizes when exposed to air and water. When the hair color is mixed with hot water for use, the dye is released. The indigo henna powder we offer is 100% natural..
· It gives strength, color as well as shine to hair..